Last Updated: 1 December, 2020
e respect the privacy rights of our users and recognise the importance of protecting information collected about you. We are committed to complying with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (effective 25th May, 2018) and this policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be collected, used and disclosed by us and applies to information collected when you use or access our online or mobile websites (www.wilkinsons.co.uk) or when you otherwise interact with us (e.g. if you register with us in our offices or if you choose to participate in social media functions on our site). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting wilkinsons.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of this policy, the data controller is Wilkinson Estates (“we”, “us”, or “our”) of 1 High Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, United Kingdom, SL6 1JN.
Information we collect
We will collect certain information (including personal data) relevant to the services we provide. The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, telephone number, email address, postal address, transactional information (including services purchased and billing address), information collected by cookies or other tracking technologies and any other information you may choose to provide. Please be aware that the information that you choose to provide may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (e.g. if you choose to provide your picture, your picture may reveal your gender). We may also store files and other information that you may upload or provide to us in order to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of the services we provide.
We may also collect the following information each time you visit our website, in order to help us understand how to improve our service and our website and to ensure the content is presented to you is in an effective manner:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our office number.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we may receive about you if you use any other websites we may operate or for other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, credit reference agencies, property maintenance contractors, sub-contractors in technical and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign a lease or any other agreement, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features for limited purpose of providing our services to you, including the following:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us;
- to provide, maintain and improve the services we offer;
- to improve our website in order to better serve you;
- to respond to comments, questions, and requests and provide support where requested;
- to communicate with you about services, features, newsletters, events and provide other news or information about us;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with the services we provide and for marketing and advertising purposes;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to our services and other illegal activities;
- to notify you of any changes to our services;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including data analysis, trouble shooting, testing, research, surveys;
- for other purposes, about which we notify you.
Information we share
Subject to applicable law, we may share your personal information with:
- subcontractors and other persons who help us provide our services;
- companies and other persons providing services to us;
- our legal and other professional advisors, including our auditors;
- fraud prevention agencies, credit reference agencies, and debt collection agencies when we open your account and periodically during your account or service management;
- other organisations who use shared databases for income verification and affordability checks to manage/collect arrears;
- government bodies and agencies in the UK and overseas (e.g. HM Revenues and Customs (‘HMRC’) who may in turn share it with relevant overseas tax authorities and with regulators (e.g. the Financial Conduct Authority, the Information Commissioners Office);
- courts, to comply with legal requirements;
- in an emergency or to otherwise protect your vital interests;
- to protect the security and integrity of our business operations;
- to other party’s connected with your account, e.g. guarantors and any other persons named on an application including joint applicants who will see your transactions;
- payment systems in order to process transactions; and
- anyone else where we have your consent or where it is required by law.
Where do we store your information?
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services (for example, credit reference agencies). However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure the protection of your information in accordance with this policy. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal data you consent to us transferring your information to third party countries that provide services to us.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. We use physical, electronic and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your personal information from theft, loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
From time to time our website may contain links to and from other websites of advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please ensure you check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may update, correct or request deletion of your information about you at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that deletion may not be automatic as it is subject to applicable laws, legal obligations and legitimate business purposes.
Your Access Rights
You may make a request at any time to see the information we hold about you or processes on behalf of a third party. To request this information, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of such request, we shall have a maximum period of 30 days within which to respond.
Retention and Deletion
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide our services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. At the end of the retention period, we will delete your personal data in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
We do not specifically market our services to children under the age of 18 years old and we do not knowingly collect information from individuals under 18. If you believe we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information about a minor without appropriate consent, please notify us at email@example.com so that we may immediately delete the information from our servers and make any other necessary corrections.
If you have any questions about this policy please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Wilkinson Estates at 1 High Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, United Kingdom, SL6 1JN, Attention: Privacy Officer.
We may update this policy from time to time. In the event we make any material changes that reduce your rights or our obligations under this policy, we will post a prominent notice in this section of the policy and on our website notifying you of the updates.